The Ultimate Energy Drink
The popularity of energy drinks is controversial for good reason. Most energy drinks are packed with sugar, caffeine, and sodium which make it a beverage with some serious health effects. There is no question, energy drinks are a beverage that athletes should avoid. A can of 250 ml (1 cup) of Guru, Monster, Red Bull and others contain around 10 tea spoons of sugar and its also surpassing the maximum recommended limit of caffeine intake for young people under the age of 13. However there are a few brands which present a healthier option and create a product that is more beneficial to people’s health. Those healthier options will include natural herbs like ginseng, echinacea, B vitamins, and other minerals.
If you’re serious about ‘energy’ and ‘being healthy’ let me give you an option that will kick grass on a RedBull any day!
If you’re serious about ‘energy’ and ‘being healthy’ let me give you an option that will kick grass on a RedBull any day! It’s simple to find and easy to make. Lemons and Limes mixed with good ol’ H20. Okay, go ahead an mix a bit of sweetener like stevia, or even try a wholesome sweetener like organic blue agave. Lemons and limes provide a daily dose of vitamin C can also help reduce fatigue and boost alertness. In addition to the vitamin C, citrus scents have been shown to stimulate alertness. By using stevia or blue agave, a natural sweetener, you won’t have to worry about blood sugar spikes. Use a few mint leaves for a touch of flavor.
Few people tend to realize the enormous health benefits of drinking lemon water. Check out some of serendipity benefits of lemon and/or lime juice:
• Nourishes brain and nerve cells due to its potassium content
• Is a natural stimulant to the body
• It helps prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria and the decomposition of tissue
• Helps dissolves gallstones, calcium deposits, kidney stones, and pancreatic stones
• Assists in lowering high blood pressure
• Is an excellent stimulant to the liver
• It assists in “cleansing the system of impurities” and will help prevent disease
• It is effective at dissolving uric acid (often the cause of pain and inflammation in joints) and other poisons in the body
Here’s the ‘secret ingredients’ to the worlds ultimate energy drink!
1 tbsp stevia (or 3 tbsp blue agave)
Directions: Squeeze the juice from both the lemons and the lime into a glass. Add the stevia (optional) and mint leaves, and stir. Enjoy!
DISCLAIMER – All content on this website is for educational purposes only. No statements made, inferences, including videos and links to other sites, should be construed as a claim for cure, treatment, or prevention of any disease or as a substitute for professional health care.